You may have been watching the news and have some concerns about your February 7th, 2020 sailing. We appreciate the CDC’s abundance of caution and their partnership.
None of the four guests being tested by CDC showed any clinical signs or symptoms of coronavirus. One had tested positive onboard for Influenza A. Our records indicate the guests had not been in China since January 26.
We have also been cleared by authorities to depart, as usual. However, to reassure concerned guests, we will delay our departure until Saturday, February 8th, 2020, when we will receive the conclusive test results from CDC.
We know that you may be anxious about boarding the ship – we’re anxious too! So, we’ve decided to push our boarding to February 8th, 2020, at 5:00 PM EST, while we wait for the results from the CDC.
We’ve also made adjustments to our itinerary, which can be found below:
We’ll set sail from Cape Liberty at 10:00 PM on Saturday, February 8th instead of 3:00 PM on Friday, February 7th. Additionally, our visit to Port Canaveral will now be on February 11th from from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM and to Perfect Day at CocoCay on February 12th from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Unfortunately, we’ll be unable to visit Nassau, Bahamas.
|2/7||Friday||Cape Liberty, New Jersey||-|
|2/8||Saturday||Cruising||Cape Liberty, New Jersey|
|2/10||Monday||Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida||Cruising|
|2/11||Tuesday||Perfect Day at CocoCay||Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida|
|2/12||Wednesday||Nassau, Bahamas||Perfect Day at CocoCay|
|2/15||Saturday||Cape Liberty, New Jersey||Cape Liberty, New Jersey|
Given that we have shortened the sailing and modified the itinerary, you’ll receive a 2-day refund in the form of an onboard credit. Plus a pro-rated credit, in the value of 2 days, for any pre-purchased packages such as beverage, internet, or dining. Both credits will be added to your Onboard Account and can be used anywhere on the ship.
Please also take a minute to review our screening and boarding protocols. We have been working with medical experts, public health authorities, and local governments, and in alignment with new stricter CDC protocols, we are tightening our measures to protect guests and crew. These steps are intentionally conservative, and we apologize that they will inconvenience some of our guests.
Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. fleet will adopt these health screening protocols:
Our guests and crew's safety and well-being are always our top priorities. We are excited to announce the return to service this summer for many of our ships. As we continue working on our Royal Comeback, we will continue to update you as we announce additional ships returning to service.
Ships returning to service:
• Adventure of the Seas: June 12, 2021 departing from Nassau, Bahamas
• Allure of the Seas: August 8, 2021 departing from Port Canaveral, Florida
• Anthem of the Seas: July 7, 2021 departing from Southampton, United Kingdom
• Brilliance of the Seas: December 16, 2021 departing from Tampa, Florida
• Enchantment of the Seas: December 23, 2021 departing from Baltimore, Maryland
• Explorer of the Seas: November 7, 2021 departing from San Juan, Puerto Rico
• Freedom of the Seas: July 2, 2021 departing from Miami, Florida
• Grandeur of the Seas: December 5, 2021 departing from Bridgetown, Barbados
• Harmony of the Seas: August 15, 2021 departing from Barcelona, Spain & Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
• Independence of the Seas: August 15, 2021 departing from Galveston, Texas
• Jewel of the Seas: July 10, 2021 departing from Limassol, Cyprus
• Liberty of the Seas: October 3, 2021 departing from Galveston, Texas
• Mariner of the Seas: August 23, 2021 departing from Port Canaveral, Florida
• Navigator of the Seas: November 19, 2021 departing from Los Angeles, California
• Oasis of the Seas: September 5, 2021 departing from Bayonne, New Jersey
• Odyssey of the Seas: July 31, 2021 departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
• Ovation of the Seas: May 5, 2022 departing from Vancouver, Canada
• Quantum of the Seas: December 1, 2020 departing from Singapore
• Radiance of the Seas: April 29, 2022 departing from Vancouver, Canada
• Rhapsody of the Seas: May 23, 2022 departing from Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
• Serenade of the Seas: July 19, 2021 departing from Seattle, Washington
• Spectrum of the Seas: October 5, 2021 departing from Hong Kong, China
• Symphony of the Seas: August 14, 2021 departing from Miami, Florida
• Vision of the Seas: January 24, 2022 departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
• Voyager of the Seas: April 24, 2022 departing from Copenhagen, Denmark
• Wonder of the Seas: March 4, 2022 departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Below are some options for you, including one that has been very well received by our guests, as it provides a little something extra to use when we all start cruising again!
As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2022, or one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later. Please re-book using your FCC by April 30, 2022. We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email, so there’s nothing for you to do!
• Please know, taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 45 days.
• If you used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for your impacted sailing (including previous Global Suspension FCCs), you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Credit. This certificate will be for 125% of any new monies paid on this sailing, plus 100% of the value of your original redeemed credit, with an expiration date of April 30th, 2022 and a sail by date of December 31, 2022, or one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later.
• Guests booked on charter sailings are not eligible for offers related to the Global Suspension or Cruise with Confidence. Please refer back to the charter client for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you prefer the lower value in a full refund instead of the 125% Future Cruise Credit, we’re happy to process this for you.
• We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
• To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you. Note: Please know, once we receive your refund request, we unfortunately won’t be able to accept an FCC request if you change your mind.
• You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your request.
• Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
For all sailings cancelled as part of our suspension of operations due to COVID-19:
• If you purchased refundable air or hotel accommodations through Royal Caribbean, they will be automatically refunded to you within 45 days after we process the cancellation.
• If you booked non-refundable air through Royal Caribbean or booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
NOTICE: Prior to booking, please consult all applicable U.S. Centers for Disease Control travel advisories, warnings, or recommendations relating to cruise travel, at cdc.gov/travel/notices. If a certain threshold level of COVID-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed. Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by ship and destination, and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries. These may not be available during your voyage, may vary by ship and destination, and may be subject to change without notice.
As we went into our global suspension of sailings, we initially estimated that refunds would take 30 days. Unfortunately, with an unprecedented volume of refunds and credits, we are delayed. We’ve worked diligently to resolve most of the volume issues and are working around the clock to address the backlog to get you your refund, as quickly possible. Currently, some refunds are taking up to 45 days from the date requested.
Please know that each and every request is receiving the same level of care and dedication. And rest assured, your refund will be honored and it is coming – it’s just taking a little longer than expected and we’re very sorry about that. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.